GENEVA, May 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — “Clear and credible,” said one judge. “An Excellent, comprehensively completed submission,” said another panelist. Overtaking many competitors, and analysts’ expectations, CreAgri’s HIDROX® took the Nutraceutical Industry by storm on May 11, 2011 in Geneva at the Nutraceutical Business Technology Awards ceremony.
- The safe and effective elimination of food borne pathogens represents an important unmet need. Multiple lines of converging evidence point to the use of olive juice and olive oil polyphenols, particularly HIDROX® and hydroxytyrosol, to protect foods against pathogens.
- HIDROX® and hydroxytyrosol are natural products that exert significant antibacterial effects against food borne bacteria.
- Multiple studies have confirmed that HIDROX®, hydroxytyrosol, and olive juice and olive oil polyphenols have prominent effects against at least 14 different bacterial strains including E. coli, Salmonella enterica, and Staphylococcus aureus.
- HIDROX®‘s safety has been formally acknowledged by the United States Food and Drug Administration through its GRAS certification. HIDROX® has an extremely strong safety profile; HIDROX® and hydroxytyrosol’s safety have been confirmed in a large number of experimental and human clinical trials.
- A range of studies implicate activation of the Sir T proteins in longevity and the extension of life span. Resveratrol affects the Sir T proteins and it is considered to have effects on longevity.
- An important animal study has now identified hydroxytyrosol as an important natural product which leads to greater effects on key longevity proteins compared to resveratrol.
- Hydroxytyrosol is more effective than resveratrol in increasing levels of longevity proteins and protecting animal tissue against injury. It significantly raises the levels of multiple longevity proteins and it leads to lower levels of cell death compared to resveratrol.
- Combined with its other demonstrated effects in published animal and human studies, including its powerful antioxidant, anti inflammatory, cardioprotective, and anti bacterial effects, hydroxytyrosol has emerged as a powerful natural product with multiple beneficial effects in animals and humans. Furthermore, hydroxytyrosol has an exceptionally strong safety profile that has been verified by the FDA.
- Multiple lines of converging evidence link polyphenols, particularly hydroxytyrosol and HIDROX®, to improved clinical outcomes.
- In human and animal studies, hydroxytyrosol and HIDROX® have been shown to induce significant therapeutic effects on the cardiovascular system, improve the quality of life of patients with osteoporosis, and reduce markers of inflammation. These findings have all been reported in peer-reviewed, internationally-recognised academic journals.
- Hydroxytyrosol is well absorbed following oral administration, and rapidly reaches high levels in the blood.
- Hydroxytyrosol and HIDROX® have strong safety profiles and are not associated with major adverse events. Patients receiving HIDROX® are likely to have a strong level of adherence to the supplement.